Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Design I Like

Media design grabs us and brings us into a creative part of the world. For a media design to be good it must first catch our attention, if it does not do this first task it has failed it's purpose. Of course people have different preferences when it comes to design. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. Another important intent of design, as was stressed in my digital media class, was that it helps the viewer organize material mentally. To organize material properly information has to be in the most eye friendly proximity. Allignment is also a vital part of a good design. Designs should follow a train of thought so that the information is clear to the viewer. It must visually connect to each other.

Designs that I like are first of all "clean". By that I mean that they have a clear flow of thoughts and crisp design. A clear font like sans serif, helvetica, or times new roman is perferable. I find that other fonts, such as the blackletter, make it difficult for me to read what the design is displaying. A clean background, preferably white, with a readable font make the information accessible to people. This type of design does not need to be boring and in fact i find it's refreshing in an era of overly graphic design. Also I find that colors can pop out more over a white background.

I will add some pictures of the designs I find appealing. A notable website with this functional design is http://www.google.com/.





Here are some pictures:









No comments:

Post a Comment